Saturday, May 31, 2014

Scratch that a few weeks ago. I´m moving to the Temple. (Sent: May 26, 2014)

BEFORE I FORGET!!! (Because I have for the past few transfers) Next week is transfers, so like every six weeks, P-day is moving to next TUESDAY. I won´t be writing again until then. Mom, don´t spend all day hitting refresh because your dumb missionary son forgot to tell you again. :)

FAMILIA!!

Oh I´m feeling so much better right now. Thank you for all being so positive in your emails. I´m praying hard for you all, and I´m glad to see that you´re humbly being perfected through all your trials. And what´s more, I just got back from the temple trip that we took as a mission. It was incredible.

So this week ended up really rough. We experienced down right miracles, but to get it out of the way, nobody came to church. It just goes to show how strongly the Lord respects agency, even when He clearly shows His love and activeness in trying to call His children home. But with that in mind, let´s focus on how absolutely awesome He was in helping us out this week.

We found this young couple this last week who were awesome. To describe their situation breifly, they´re in a lot of trouble financially. A lot. They sell pretty much anything that they can in Ferias, (flea markets) to make money, and Sundays are their greatest sales days. We spent the entire week testifying to them about how the Lord would bless them for keeping His commandments. The Spirit was so strong through all of the lessons. We had some great scripture studies with them, experiences with Priesthood blessings to calm them nerves, powerful member testimonies of the Sabbath Day, and even felt impressed to promise them as representatives of Jesus Christ, that if they showed faith to keep the Sabbath Day holy instead of sell on that day, that He would bless them with a solution to their problem guaranteed. One of these occasions, we were praying with them at night while it was raining and they had no power. We were soaked and freezing, but while praying, the Holy Ghost was testifying so powerfully, that I stopped shaking. It was incredible to see God answer their prayers so directly when they asked if they should attend Church this Sunday, as the young man looked us in the eyes and told us that God told him all would be well if he just did what God wanted him to do.

Well I´m a little short on time this week. I´m sorry. But the good news is that I got my camera back, and I´m sending a flood of pictures. I just want to leave you guys, testifying that I know the truthfulness of this Gospel better than I ever have before. I know a little better of the sweet and infinitely powerful love that our Heavenly Father has for us. He shows it in the most incredible and consistent ways. Please know that He does. Love each other, as He loves you. I love you all so much, and I´m so glad to be in a family that is striving to live worthy to live together forever in the Celestial Kingdom.

Hasta la próxima semana. ¡Hurra por Israel!

-Élder Goff

P. S.

1. Is it ironic to you that the Temple is built on the street of the Virgin Mary?
2. Aw, aren´t you all so cute? Happy Mother´s Day!
3. This cool bridge... and the part that they accidentally built wrong and decided to leave....
4. There´s that cool boat I was telling you about.
5. Stupid rules takes out all the fun of going down the stairs.
6. Map of the World. Notice that all of North America is labled as the United States. ´Merica.
7. Elder Adamson´s a bit of a hooligan.
8. Elder Zollinger and I acting like a couple of 5 year olds.
9. At the wheel.
10. Somewhere in the city. Remember, the government says that reading is sexy.












No comments:

Post a Comment