Monday, March 3, 2014

RYAN´S MISSION CALL IS ALL THAT I CAN THINK ABOUT! (Sent February 17, 2014)

Familia!

I forgot everything that I wanted to say, because RYAN´S GOING TO PERU!!! WOOOO! I can´t wait to speak gringo Spanish with that stud for the rest of our lives! My companion, who´s from Peru, is freaking out about how he has friends serving there. He´s going be an incredible instrument in the Lord´s hands, because he´s already shown Him that he´s ready and willing to do whatever He would have him do. Qué un freaking capo. I can´t wait to hear all about his experiences.

This week was nuts. So many good things happened. But before I get into the incredible miracles, I want to tell this quick story. It´s not about the work, but it was dang funny. We were talking to a less active member who was washing her van and blasting the radio. The song ¨Big girls, you are Beautiful¨ came on, and I was trying so hard not to laugh. Then lyric ¨take your girl and multiply her by four¨ came on, and I just lost it. I was the only one who spoke English there, so I couldn´t explain it to anyone, and it´s probably better that I couldn´t, but man it was hilarious. Okay, back to the more important things.

There´s a young lady named Leticia that we´ve been teaching. Her uncle was a less-active, who reactivated when he saw his niece was interested. She´s awesome. Really shy, and a little awkward, but very prepared. Other than her uncle, her family is pretty indifferent about her investigating the Church. But her aunt suddenly got really angry one day, and started yelling all sorts of things at us, informing us that her niece is underage, and no Mormons have come to *mess* around like we have. She´s media loca, (a little bit crazy) and Leticia told us that she was going to be baptized no matter what ¨any old lady tells her.¨ She was baptized on Saturday, and comfirmed yesterday in Sacrament Meeting. She´s really an inspiration, and I´m overjoyed that Heavenly Father prepared her so thouroughly for us to bring her the Gospel.

That stud Aarón was confirmed on Sunday as well. His Mom, who is recovering from a nasty leg injury, and older sister came to watch, which was really awesome. His mom, Gabrielle, thought that she was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for the past fifteen years. She was excited to return to the services, and was happy that her whole family was slowly accepting the Gospel also. We started talking about her baptism and she told us some odd details. She was tought by a man and a woman companionship, they drank wine at the Sacrament Meetings, she wore a turban to her baptism, where the young lady missionary baptized her. We called the office to check for her name on the Church records, and it turns out that we have no idea into what Church she was baptized. Haha, we were all laughing for a good 5 minutes, and she told us that she is so excited to be baptized again, but by the right authority, and into the true Church of Christ.

Last night I was thinking about all of the success that Heavenly Father is giving to us and I felt a little unworthy. My companion and I are obeying every mission rule, and working very hard, but personally I feel very inadequate to my calling as a representative of the only perfect Man to walk the Earth. I started to pray very earnestly seeking forgiveness and help to change, and later, laying in my bed, was just overwhelmed by love. I began to cry, being filled with the Spirit and Heavenly Father´s love for me. I really feel like I´ve come to know Him more personally than I ever have, or ever could have, back home. I´ve learned that if you want to understand the majesty of God, you just have to go out and try to do what He does everyday. Go try to save a human soul. It´s incredibly hard, but He assures me that it´s worth it. And I believe Him, because I´m witnessing the blessings.

I love you all. ¡Hurrah para Israel!

-Élder Goff

P.S. The pictures: One is of my past companion that I had for only a week, but became great friends with. We saw each other at the Temple last week, and it was so good to see him. I look up to that Elder so much. The other picture is of Leticia´s baptism.



No comments:

Post a Comment