Wednesday, August 6, 2014

¡Feliz Día del Padre! ¡Feliz Aniversario! (June 16, 2014)

FAMILIA!

Are you guys partying it up or what? Father´s day, and Becca and Cole´s first anniversary? Wow! I hope you guys had a great day, and I send all my love and prayers with you guys. ¡Feliz día a todos!

So you´re not going to believe this, but there was another Flash Transfer. And I don´t even have a reason to say April Fools this time. It´s for real. My awesome Chilean buddy Elder Aróstica was whisked away to San Cristobal in La Boca, nearby, but out of the zone. I´m going to miss that kid so much. My new companion´s name is Elder Rosazza from Peru, (nope, sorry Ry-guy, not Chiclayo). He´s really cool, but a whole lot more serious, and so I haven´t tried scaring him yet... we´ll see.

Let´s talk about the World Cup real quick to get it out of the way, and because I think that for the past few paragraphs I was the only one in Argentina not talking about it. It´s a pain. But it´s also hilarious. Nobody wants to talk. Or if they do, they stare directly at the TV practically the whole time, even if they don´t care about the game. One lady was so passionately angry about the calls in the Brazil vs Croatia game, and when I asked who she wanted to win, she told me she didn´t really care. ??? And Sunday Argentina played Bosnia. Hahahha!!! It was quite the sight. People were wearing rediculous baby blue and white hats around in the streets, lighting off fireworks, and hanging gigantic Argentine flags from the apartments. And it was practically sure as fact that Argentina would win. But the city SHUT DOWN. I´m even still in Capital Federal, but there was NO ONE out in the street. The funny thing was, even though I couldn´t watch the games, I could tell the score because the streets were silent, and then suddenly all the houses echoed ¨GGGGGOOOOOOOAAAALLLLL!!!!!¨ I can´t help but laugh off the frustration. I can´t wait to see what happens when Argentina plays some games with more risk. Soccer is weird.

This week was rough. We got soooo lost. Being two new missionaries in the area without any idea about the area, with hardly any investigators left over from other Elders, and with the World Cup in full swing, we felt a bit stuck. We didn´t really know where to look, and I was feeling pretty terrible about our past few week´s numbers, especially being Father´s Day. I spent the whole week repenting to my Heavenly Father for such a poor Father´s Day gift. And Sunday night, He responded with a flood of inspiration of creative ways to find investigators. Elder Rosazza and I are excited to try some out, and rededicated ourselves to just outright talking to people in the streets. I read Doctrine and Covenants 52 this morning, and it says at least five times that the Lord expects us to ¨preach by the way¨, or in other words, talk with just about anyone. So we´re going to do a whole lot better about looking for ways outside of the ordinary to find people to teach the Everlasting Gospel.

I want to again send all the love from my heart to each of you. I´m so grateful for all of your prayers and especially for all that you´re doing to serve our Heavenly Father at home. Keep serving. I promise you that it is well beyond worth it.

Hasta la próxima semana. ¡Hurra por Israel!

-Élder Goff

P.S. Pictures!

1-4 The Guaymallen factory is in my area! So last P-day, Elder Aróstica and I went and bought a big box each for pretty cheap. Guaymallen is a popular brand of Alfajor, which is basically this cookie/brownie thing with Dulce de leche in the middle. Argentines love them. And so do I. And according to that second picture, apparently so do Chileans. :)

5. Mom, you´re going to love this. We were talking with the Elder´s Quorum president, and his little 5 year old son kept wanting to talk to me about ninja turtles. Then his 7 year old daughter gave me these. I´d say that drawing of me looks better than any of the pictures that I´ve sent you!









No comments:

Post a Comment