Monday, August 17, 2015

December 1, 2014- The closest thing to a Roller-coaster on a mission

¡Familia!

A couple of days ago we rode the coolest bus ever. It´s not that exciting, but I loved it. It was two colectivos put together, and was longer than a freaking semi truck. (Remember my obsession over double decker buses when I was younger? I think I just re-kindled that, but with these things.) I wish I would have taken a picture... but man, every time that thing went over a bridge, I had to update my top 10 funnest moments on the mission.

Okay, *exaggeration mode off*. Hey! I´m glad you all had a good Thanksgiving! Send me some left over pie. And don´t you dare complain about all the Pumpkin Pie like everyone does every year. You won´t know how much you miss it until you live two or more years in a country that doesn´t celebrate Turkey Day.

Yanet was confirmed yesterday! The Bishop gave an awesome blessing that had a lot to do with the other blessings she will some day gain in the Temple. It was very inspired!

The coolest miracle happened this week! Apparently there´s a mom in Peru who emailed the mission asking for missionaries to visit her wayward son that lives in Buenos Aires with an evil spirit. She and her other son (who´s now serving a mission in Chile) joined the church a few years ago, but Alonzo (our awesome new investigator) was never really interested. Lately he´s been getting creepy feelings in his apartment and decided that he needed to get closer to God. He had no idea how to do it, so he downloaded exorcism prayers on the internet. Hahaha, nice try. They didn´t do the trick, so he asked his mom to contact us. I feel like a Ghost-buster. Except with the Gospel. (That was probably the most immature thing I´ve ever said as a missionary.) Anyways, we did a dedicatory prayer for his apartment, and then had a powerful lesson about how the closer we get to Christ, the further away that Satan and his angels run from us. He´s excited to change his life and accepted a baptismal date. What a stud.

Also, his view of Buenos Aires is stunning. Expect a breathtaking picture next week.

I love you so much family! I know with all of my heart that Jesus Christ is the reason for all of our happiness. May we all remember that it is thanks to Him that we will rise again, we can be cleansed from sin, and that we can live together in Celestial Glory forever. How great is the plan of our Heavenly Father! Happy December! ¡Hurra por Israel!

-Elder Goff

P.S. Pictures!

1. These pants have been slowly ripping up the sides. But it´s all good. I used my super sewing skills, and now they´re good as new.
...
Hahaha! Just kidding, I don´t know how to sew. Para. Nada. So Elder Viera fixed ´em up real nice.


2 and 3. This l´il Chincilla is the second cutest thing I´ve seen in the mission. (The first being Elder Rogers on his first day. ;) )



4. We helped out in a little Stake primary activity where they were pretending to be missionaries. We saw the letters ¨C C M¨ and we all turned into the little immature greenies we were way back when. I have to say, I´m very proud of the face I pulled off. Just try and look like a bigger dork. I dare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment