Monday, August 17, 2015

May 11, 2015- Derqui is the bomb

¡FAMILIA!

Derqui is the bomb. Elder Cunningham is the bomb. The Gospel is the bomb. I wish I had more time to tell you guys why, but I don´t. :( But here are a few reasons.

Reason number one: We have bikes. Well we had bikes. Mine fell apart from underneath me several times this week, and right now is in the shop until tomorrow. Two: The members are awesome. I´ve already made a ton of new friends, and they bring their friends to Church without us asking. Three: There is mud everywhere. It´s a five year-old me´s dream. But the bad thing is we have white shirts. I guess that´s what P-day´s for.

We have an awesome investigator named Tita. She has been prepared to a degree that I can´t believe to accept the Gospel. She´s very kind, actively does missionary work, accepts, and keeps her commitments, and really wants to change. We got nervous when she offered coffee to us, but when we taught her the Word of Wisdom, she described how about a year ago she felt guilty for some reason drinking so much coffee, and decided to drop it for good. Other than maté cocido, no hot drinks for Tita. She´s incredible.

I´ve been in Provincia before in the mission, but Derqui has reminded me about how humble people in Argentina live. Even the villas that I´ve served in are better living conditions then some sectors of our proselyting area. To beautify the area here, people get creative with old tires, and try to make a humble attempt at a garden fence. It´s better than a mess of mud in front of their lean-to shelter, but it still shocks me. It really makes me grateful for what I have, and helps me stay focused on what´s really important.

I love you all! Have a great week! ¡Hurra por Israel!

-Élder Goff

Pictures:

2145 We played soccer with another zone next to us, and I asked one of the Elders to take some cool soccer pictures of me. The thing is, for him to do that, that would require me to actually be good at soccer. Oh well. Next time I´ll just photoshop my face onto Messi.



2133 The Elders of Zona Austral. (Missing two other Elders, due to a family emergency. :/ )

No comments:

Post a Comment