Monday, August 17, 2015

January 26, 2015- American Wendy´s > Argentine Wendy´s

¡FAMILIA!

I love you guys so much! Elder Micanquer and Elder Chriss continue to uncomfortably chat about their inevitable demise in a few weeks, so it´s hard to keep ´em focused sometimes. But we´re still working hard, and sweating our eyeballs out.

This week was strange. We planned some AWESOME days with a lot of appointments, back up plans, and member support, but lot´s fell through. But like the pioneer children we sang as we walked and walked and walked and waaaaa-aalked. By the end of the week we saw some small miracles. I´m amazed to see that no matter how many plans fall through, or former investigators that seemed golden, but really just turn out to be Fool´s Gold, the Lord´s got our back. If we just keep on working, and teach everyone with as much love as we can, the work won´t stop. While Virreyes 1 and 2 have great reputations in the zone for baptisms, Virreyes 3 has been struggling for quite a while, but I refuse to give up on it. The former missionaries of this area might say it, the members of the ward might say it, my companion might say it from time to time, maybe even the Bishop; but I will never say that I´m in a dead area. Just keep praying, and I´ll keep working.

This week we had an incredibly spiritual meeting with President for the missionaries who were about to end their missions and their companions. President Ayre´s really good friends with Dan Clark, a successful motivational speaker, and he agreed to talk to us and excite us to work as hard as we can during the time that we have left. He told a few stories of his hard-as-a-rock mission in Ireland, cracked a few jokes, but what I liked most of all of his talk was what he said about covenants. ¨A contract is a two way agreement born out of suspicion that is broken at the smallest violation. A covenant is a two way agreement born out of love, that seems to say ´no matter what happens, I will still love you.´¨ He encouraged us to make covenants first with God, and then with our companions, to do everything that we can to help our investigators make covenants with their Heavenly Father.

I know that this Gospel is true. It makes me so happy to share it with everyone, even when they don´t accept it. I´m trying serve with all my heart so that even if nothing happens numerically here, I accomplish what the Lord wants me to do. Something big is being prepared, and I´m just happy to be a part of it, even if it won´t happen yet this transfer.

You guys are awesome. Thanks for all your prayers. Read your scriptures! And go to Church!

P.S. Pictures


1964- Last P-day we decided to go bowling at a shopping mall nearby that was pretty cheap. Guess what scoring system they used there. The same one from Jack and Jills back home. Aww. Remember these li´l guys?


1970- We ate in a Wendy´s in the same shopping mall. I don´t know why, but every Fast Food restaurant here looks so ritzy. But you should have seen the food. I ordered a Baconator, but instead I think they gave me half a Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger from the states. Stupid South American Wendy´s. What happened to Super Size Me?

No comments:

Post a Comment