Monday, August 17, 2015

January 12, 2015 DON'T SPLIT MY MISSION!

¡FAMILIA!

So you might have heard about the news with the whole Buenos Aires East Misison thing. I haven't heard anything from the mission about it, and I don't know if it will effect us at all, but the changes will become effective July 1st, which means that there is a slight possibility that they will send me to die in another mission. NO! I might just go fugitive if that happens. ¡Viva la Gran Misión Buenos Aires Norte!

But that doesn't matter right now. Baptize, baptize, baptize. There we go. I'm focused again.

So hey! I'm praying for you guys so much. Mom, you continue to astound me with your perserverance and phenomenal pain tolerance. I love you so much, and I want you to know that you are the greatest inspiration of my entire world, second only to Jesus Christ, Himself.

We committed all of Virreyes to come to Church this last Sunday. And then they all slept in. Gosh dang it, people. Miguel was in the hospital, so he's rightfully excused.

I don't know if I've told you guys, but I'm a magnet for borrachos (drunkards). They really like the white kid in a tie with a smile on his face, and everytime I do divisions, the other Elder tells me that they've never had so many borrachos talk to them before. Well this last week we met one named, Perro. (Yeah, he wants us to call him "Dog.") I actually didn't know that he was drunk when he first talked to us, but I soon smelt that ugly stench of rotten grape. He's come from an incredibly hard background filled with betrayal, being cheated of his benefits from serving in the military, and losing all of his property. He currently sleeps in the abandoned car from Get Smart in the 70s, and wants to know how Jesus Christ can help him change his life. We had a sincere lesson with him and his buddy Brian, and Perro thanked us several times for stopping to help "people like them". It was a special experience, and helped me develop love even for the people who normally yell at us in a slur of gibberish with a bottle of Quilmes in their hand. Pray for Perro.

I love you guys so much. The things you are doing is incredible, and it gives me hope everyday. Thanks for taking the time to write your stories of how you've come closer to the Savior. May He be with you every step of this next week.

3 Nephi 5:13

-Élder Goff

P.S. Pictures:

1929- PSY at the district meeting. Expect the unexpected from Chileans. You think their normal, until they whip out a Gangnam Style mask out of their scripture bag.


1931- It's about dang time we've found a gecko in South America. This little guy was in Elder Chriss's breakfast.


1932- Remember how I told you about the pool on the roof of our 11 floor apartment building in capital? Here's what luxury is out here in Virreyes. Welcome back to provincia.

No comments:

Post a Comment