Monday, August 17, 2015

November 24, 2014 Baptisms Make Satan Angry

¡FAMILIA!

Guesswhat! guesswhat! guesswhat!! Yanet was baptized yesterday! It was so awesome, and lemme tell ya, some one down under did not want it to happen. I think I explained it best in my journal:

"Yanet was baptized yesterday! The Holy Ghost played such an incredible role that day as so many things thried to impede the baptism. Some cockroaches in the furniture had followed the family from the pasillo in Villa Crespo as they moved to the Villa Fraga, and they had been up all night killing as many as they could with homemade flame throwers (spray deodorant and a lighter) before the new landlord of the apartment found out. We had to inexplicably wait for 30 minutes outside her door while the drunkard listening to Brazilian music full-blast in front of us tried to convince us to leave. We arrived to Sacrament Meeting halfway through, and scrambled to get the font filling up. In Priesthood Meeting, I shot up as I realized that we hadn{t turned off the water just as Villa Crespo frantically ran up to me to tell us that the font was flooding downstairs. As we cleaned up the water we noticed that the water in the font was a greenish-gold color as if someone poured grease and apple juice in the font. Something was wrong with the tank, but there was no time to change it, and there was not way we were postponing the baptism. So with a prayer in my heart, and support from the capo Bishop Millioto, we cleaned Yanet spiritually, though not so much physically. Hey, if Christ was baptized in the Jordan river, I consider this just one more reason that he baptism was in the same manner as Christs. :P But Yanet was a great sport, and left the font beaming. Her sister, Berta, said that her heart jumped as she watched her sister be submerged to be baptized, and she said that without knowing why, she felt as though she wanted to cry. We were able to capitalize on that later, teaching that the Holy Ghost was testifying of the truthfulness of the ordinance. During the closing words of the Ward Mission Leader, I suddenly felt the Spirit come over me in one of those sacred moments that I have felt while serving a mission, assuring me that despite the craziness, Heavenly Father had accepted Yanets sincere covenant."

Whew. So yeah. Take that Satan.

So how are you guys? This week was an interesting one. Other than Yanet, Berta, and Oscar, we're still on the search for investigators. I wish I had more to report on, but there was quite a bit of rejection. But we're still happy!

If you could say a quick prayer for Nicolas, I would appreciate it. It's kinda a long story, but lets just say he's the most closed-minded, self proclaimed "open minded" person that I've ever met. His rejection really bothered me for some reason, and he's unwilling to let his son who's interested in the Church have anything to do with religion, just because of his own prejudices.

Well that's all for me family. If all goes well, I'm about to go play Ultimate Frisbee for the first time in well over a year for P-day today. I'M SO EXCITED!!! Have an awesome week. ¡Hurra por Israel!

-Elder Goff

P.S. Pictures:





1-3. Yanet's baptism. Tell me what happened to the font. No, actually don't, I don't want to know. Just close your eyes and dunk.

4. Elder Zollinger makes fun of my studies in the morning. He says it looks like my desk just threw up a bunch of knowledge. He might be right, I do get a little too into it....



-Élder Goff

Alma 36:24

No comments:

Post a Comment