Monday, August 17, 2015

March 9, 2015- Good things to Come

¡FAMILIA!
It was a really good week. My companion and I continue to work well with each other. I love that Spaniard. He makes me laugh so hard.

This week, while planning for Alisia´s baptism, she started getting really nervous. She started telling us that she just wasn´t ready and felt flooded with doubts. My companion and I talked and agreed that it would be best to wait one more week so that she could get to know the ward better. The members flooded her with fellowshipping and now she feels much better. She´s looking forward to baptism with a sincere desire to join the fold of the Good Shepherd. She´ll be baptized with Sofía, and Joel this next week. I´ll have to save their stories for the next week.

I feel prompted to talk a little bit about Improving. Let´s be honest, the Church has a LOT of meetings. I think sometimes we misunderstand why, thinking that we just go to find out how many things that we aren´t doing, and what we have to repent of. That´s not the point. The point is to remind us of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. His Gospel was preached, and is being preached, to perfect us, but we will NEVER reach perfection in this life. That comes afterwards depending on how dedicated we are to being perfected. The greatest part about the Atonement, isn´t just that He who preformed it was perfect in everyway, but that it allows us with an infinite amount of opportunities to become like He who preformed it. Remember that all other organizations prepare us for the Telestial or Terrestial Kingdoms, but only active membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints prepares us for Exhaltation in the Celestial Kingdom.

I love you guys so much! Thanks for all that you´re doing to live the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that it is the only way to live truely happy! ¡Hurra por Israel!
-Élder Goff

Pictures:




2047 Just to make Ry-guy jealous. Arrozchaufa and Ceviche. That´s right. We can eat it here. Aguante Argentina! :)


4322- Daily verifications are much more entertaining on the roof. (Although it may look like I´m sucking my thumb, I am in fact, on the phone. :P)


0002- Nico is such a stud. This kid has a testimony like I can´t believe, and speaks English perfectly. Impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment