Monday, August 17, 2015

January 5, 2015

¡FAMILIA!

HAAAAAAP! -- PY NEW YEAR!!!! I´m glad to see that we all faithfully kept the tradition alive, by popping confetti-balloons and making a mess all over the world. Ry-guy, the whole burning dummies in the street may be a weird tradition to us, but you should have seen my Colombian companion´s face when we did the balloon popping. (Colombians also burn dummies on New Years.) We´re pretty weird too, bro. :)

This week has been an interesting one while I´ve been adjusting to Virreyes. I missed provincia, but without the shadow of all the buildings, it is HOT! And I feel like someone is walking in front of me spraying a humidifier in my face the whole day. But we´re working hard, anyway, and I love coming home exhuasted. Missionary work is the bomb.

This ward is awesome too. The members are so willing to work, and practically beg to accompany us. I´ve already made some good friends and I´m excited to keep working. The only thing I´m worried about is the lack of faith on the part of a few key people, namely the Bishop. He has an incredible vision for the ward, but seems to have become accustomed to expecting baptisms from the office elders and the Zone Leaders, and wonder why the third area is even open. Now that I´ve seen the challenge President described to me before the change, I´m ready to charge into it like little Ry-guy in 6th grade football against the gigantic D-Line. And if the opposition throws me through the air, I´m just as willing to jump back up and keep hitting with a grin on my face. Ry-guy, you were always such a great example to me. Thanks bro!

Right now we´re working with a really cool investigator named Miguel who is about 70 years old. He´s recently decided to repair his connection with God after distancing himself from Him due to his wife´s death. We didn´t see him at Church, but after talking to him, he described the fast and testimony meeting perfectly, and it turns out that he slipped in and out without us noticing. In any case, he´s accepted us to keep preparing him for baptism. Just pray that he goes to bed a little later than 7pm so that our appointments stop falling through. Hahaha, oh viejitos.

I love you guys so much! Thanks for your prayers. Though we don´t have to wait for the New Year to use the Atonement, I hope that we can all take a little time to set some new resolutions for 2015 that will bring us closer to our Savior Jesus Christ. ¡Hasta la próxima semana! ¡Hurra por Israel!

Élder Goff

P.S. The computers are all hung-over from the ridiculous all night parties that have been going on. :P If we find some sober ones I´ll send the pictures. Obey the Word of Wisdom, and remember that the Spirit goes to bed at midnight.

We found a better ciber! Pictures:


 1896- New Year. Goff Style. In Argentina.



1921, 1923- Today for P-day we played waterballoon volleyball and a funny version of charades. Most of the scenes were from the Bible, the Book of Mormon, or from Missionary Life, but my favorite one was just a random one called ¨vaca asustada¨ (scared cow). I have no idea how, but the guesser got that one faster than any of the other ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment