Monday, August 17, 2015

November 3, 2014

¡FAMILIA!


Remember when I was complaining about how hot it was? Well someone heard me. Because now it's dumping rain. I think a dam broke in the clouds or something. On the news in member's houses it has stories of the Río de la Plata overflowing in some parts of the mission. It's not anything extremely drastic or dangerous, but it's enough to make me sorry for complaining as I sit here wet, humbled, and shriveled up like a raisin. :P

So anyway, it was a crazy week. A little rough on the teaching side as proselyting was a little slow, but the Lord still poured out the blessings. Louis was baptized this weekend after a series of miracles. This last Sunday, I heard from the hermana missionaires in Urquiza, where Louis lives, that he came to Church reeking of smoke. Later in the day, they said that they talked to him and while he was moving the day before, all of his neighbors were out smoking as if Satan was trying one more time to throw him into a relapse before his baptism. But Louis continued moving, and just ignored them like a champion! All his clothes have the smell of tobacco, but his body is clean, and after his baptism, so is his spirit! I wasn't there to watch it, but it was incredible to hear about it.

On Sunday, we threw on our wet rain jackets and went to contact the miracle investigator that showed up to Church. Yanet lives in the area of the other Elders, but she's moving to Villa Fraga in a week or two, so we're going to take over teaching her. We talked a little about her friend's baptism, shared a few scriptures, and then when the Spirit gave us the green light, made the invitation. She sat there for 2 or 3 minutes staring at nothing while we just waited. A few times she asked a few more questions which we quickly answered, then kept waiting trying not to let the subject change. Finally she nodded her head and said "Bueno, entonces sí." She's got a date for the 16 of November!

I'm very humbled by how much God did for us in His holy work, and He left me wondering what exactly it is that I did this week. We were working everyday, but He did all the work. I love being a missionary, and I love all of you. Thanks for all of your love, support, and prayers.

Hasta la próxima semana. ¡Hurra por Israel!

-Élder Goff


P.S. It was too wet to take out the camera, and the awesome videos of the thunderstorms that I took are too big to send. But here's some lame pictures Elder Zollinger took of me talking on the phone after a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment