Monday, August 17, 2015

December 22, 2014- We'll talk more on Skype. :P

¡FAMILIA!

Hey! Before I forget, next week, I'll have P-day on Tuesday because of transfers, (NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! DON'T YOU DARE TAKE MY SON AWAY FROM ME!!!!) *ahem* so I won't be sending anything until then.

It was kind of a slow, bummer of a week in Chacarita on the part of our investigators. We were going nuts trying to find people, but when they reject the Gospel, even if it is Christmas, there's just not anything that you can do about it. Unless you're in the States, then I guess you could throw a snowball at them, but that's not very missionary like. There's no snow here anyway. But it's all good, we'll drop our pride, and just keep moving forward. We got one more week together as a father-son companionship, and we're gonna make it count.

I've been doing a lot of pondering and praying about something, and combined with a talk that I gave to the ward on Sunday, I realized something. I don't like to recieve excessive recognition for things that I do. Dieter F. Uchtdorf mentioned something interesting James E. Faust once told him when he was a new General Authority in his talk "Pride and the Priesthood" He said, “[the Church members] will treat you very kindly. They will say nice things about you.” He laughed a little and then said, “Dieter, be thankful for this. But don’t you ever inhale it.” This past week in a district meeting, the other missionaries in my district kept saying really nice things about me, and though I was smiling on the outside, on the inside I was silently rejecting the compliments, thinking "Stop. Stop. Stop. Don't make this awkward, let's just move on." But talking to my companion, I realized something. It's extremely important, especially when you're trusted with a leadership position, to strive your hardest to serve others, accept all the gracious compliments people give you, but NEVER inhale it or let it go to your head. I hope that sounds as cool as it did when the Spirit told it to me.

Anyways, I know I never told you that I was District Leader. Sorry. I just didn't think it was that cool as being a Dad. :) (I like serving others in leadership responsabilities, but I hate the idea of a "missionary ladder", so I don't like telling people.)

Pictures


1784: I can just imagine the conversation between a cashier and the person who wrote the 100 on this "No sir, just because you write "100" on a 2 peso bill doesn't change it's value."



1785-1786 We did exchanges with the Elders in Villa Crespo, and look what Elder Moffit left for me! What a stud. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment